The IMPORTANCE of C.E.L.E.B.R.A.T.I.N.G  your milestones....


We should ALL celebrate our milestones, not only to gather wonderful memories but also to mark the fact that we are here, now, making a difference and leaving a ripple when we go.


I had a milestone birthday on Friday and we celebrated with close friend & family in a way that I chose, at a venue that I chose and with food that I chose.


I think we often forget that it's the birthday girl/guy's day and that we should honour that by catering not to what is fashionable or what the majority likes but what she/he likes. I am so blessed to have a family who made me feel SOOOooo special and SOooo loved on this day. Our friends embraced the celebration with me and surrounded me with so many kind words and so much love that I CANNOT doubt HOW loved I am amongst this VERY special group of people. 


Amy did the decor and it was such a joy to see HOW beautiful she pulled it all together. From the VERY intricate laser cut menu to the customised -fun flower toppers describing each person/couples relationship with me, from the sugarbird guest names to the cupcake toppers (which one of my male guest tried to eat - thought it was made from chocolate - won't name any names...) and lastly the lovely cut out name to indicate the gift table, all of this completed a VERY pretty picture in a beautiful room (The Manor House Boutique Hotel @ In the Vine on the R44 between Somerset West & Stellenbosch) Thank YOU Amy - you took my breath away!


It is not often that you find someone like Elmarie Bredell from el Le Fleur (www.ellefleur.co.za) who has SUCH an amazingly giving spirit. Elmarie is a VERY talented florist/stylist who has blessed me with the most beautifully styled flowers for my birthday table (watch this space for pics) BAIE dankie Elmarie - ek sal dit vir ALTYD onthou!!


If all the message that I've received AFTER the party is anything to go by, we ALL had a wonderful time, the venue was EVERYTHING that I hope for and more. The ambience was magical, it was cosy, warm with the lovely fireplace, it was elegant but not stuffy, the staff was friendly and efficient and the food was not only superb but also VERY generous portion sizes. EVERY request was met and MORE -they even wrapped all the lambshank bones individually for the doglovers to take home :0)  THANK you Theresa, Lau-Sanne & the amazing staff - we will be back!!http://www.inthevine.co.za/

We should be grateful that we have special people in our lives to mark these occasions and we should celebrate in whichever way we most enjoy. This will be the markers that we will always remember.



Comments

Popular Posts